Why We Love This Opportunity
Christ’s Church of Flagstaff is known for its impact in the greater Flagstaff area; they are looking for an Adult Engagement Pastor to lead all ministries focused on the adult population at CCoF (including all matters from assimilation through small groups). This person will play a vibrant role in setting the direction of the ministries and have the opportunity to influence the church through teaching, mentoring, and strategic implementation of church initiatives.
Church or Org Description
Christ’s Church of Flagstaff is making a difference in the lives of those in and around Flagstaff. Emphasizing community outreach, encouraging families, loving students at Northern Arizona University, and seeking to reach all with the Gospel, CCoF is impacting many.
Pre-COVID-19, CCoF was averaging about 1100 in weekend attendance. This modern worship style church has grown consistently since its humble beginning in 1984. In November of 1984, Jim & Phyllis Dorman moved to Flagstaff from Phoenix to start the church with one other family. From living rooms to retail store space the church moved as it grew, eventually owning its first building in 1991.
In 2002 CCOF moved into their current building. They were blessed to have the opportunity to purchase the adjoining property which has been converted into an office and additional gathering spaces.
About a decade ago, Chris Reed joined the CCoF staff as Executive Pastor and moved to Senior Pastor in 2016.
Today CCoF offers three identical modern in-person services at 8:30 am, 10 am, and 11:30 am and because of COVID have dramatically increased their online participation and impact.
The Adult Engagement Pastor will be responsible to lead the staff for Adult Ministries as we carry out our mission.
– Our Adult Engagement Pastor will be responsible to double our impact in Local and Global Engagement and Groups ministry in the next 5 years.
Essential Job Functions and Participation
– Leading Staff – responsible to lead all paid staff in the Adult ministry department.
– Leading Volunteers – responsible to lead volunteer teams.
– Groups & Rooted Experience – Build vibrant Groups ministry & Rooted Experience
– Global Engagement – lead the staff person that facilitates our vibrant Global Engagement
– Community Engagement – At CCoF we strive to be an integral part of our Flagstaff community
– Pastoral Care – participate in pastoral care for congregation members
– Leadership Team – This person will be a member of the 4-person Leadership Team that reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
– Independent Collaboration
– Staff Oversight