One of my favorite aspects of Coaching Circles has been the ongoing Facebook connections of the group in a private feed (which is optional for participants). I was looking over some of the posts of recent groups, and realizing what a powerful resource they have become to one another. The leaders post all kinds of questions, ranging from fairly simple ones to more complex and challenging issues. Here’s just a sample:
Worship Arts Coaching Circles
- What does your audition process look like?
- What are 5 recently added worship songs that your congregation seems to love?
- How are you handling Christmas when it falls on a Sunday?
- Could you please send job descriptions for “Worship Pastor” and “Creative Arts Pastor” if you have one?
- How are your worship leaders scheduled?
- What is one learning you had from Easter week?
These groups also do a lot of sharing of creative videos, sparking ideas for one another.
Women in Leadership Coaching Circles
- How do you plan/design effective staff meetings?
- Do you use a project management system that works for you?
- How do you handle requests for outside building use? Do you allow alcohol on your premises for private events? For church events?
- I’m heading into my first experience of team teaching for a Sunday morning message – any advice for the process of message preparation?
- How does your church handle baby dedications?
- Please send job descriptions for ___________(several different roles)
Of course, there are also many requests for specific prayer as a leader gets ready to teach or lead worship, or as a leader contemplates a transition or is heading into a difficult conversation. I love to see other group members weigh in and lovingly serve one another.
Would being a part of a vital network of leaders be the right next step for you? The initial Coaching Circles experience lasts just under a year…. but there is a long-term benefit of connection that has no defined end. What a wonder to know we are not alone in ministry!
These circles are intentionally limited to 12 or less people so that we can forge the kind of bonds possible with a more intimate group. This year we are offering two different Circles for women and worship arts leaders. Please consider applying today, or let us know if you have any questions!