Peninsula Covenant Church
This is an exciting opportunity for a Worship Pastor/Director to serve in a vibrant, growing church with a great vision for the future, led by seasoned leadership and located in one of the most diverse, dynamic regions of the West Coast: the Silicon Valley, located just south of San Francisco, CA.
Peninsula Covenant Church is a thriving and ever-expanding local church with a rich and intriguing history, celebrating a culmination of over six decades of ministry serving the Silicon Valley in the greater San Francisco area. Its deep roots in the increasingly diverse Redwood City area are evidenced by the multi-generational families who make up this community of devoted believers. Its denominational affiliation with the rapidly-growing, multiethnic Evangelical Covenant Church is a valuable connection point, and roots them to their vision to equip loving, giving, growing Christians to reach out with the Gospel of Jesus Christ – evangelizing the lost, ministering to those in need, and seeking justice for the oppressed.
Today, PCC is an healthy congregation full of vision and vitality. Nearly 1,000 attendees meet in two locations, with three venues, and four Sunday gathering options. Cumulatively, the four gatherings maintain a healthy mix of customs and traditions, with the goal of offering people across all genders, races, ages, and cultures a space to encounter God and cultivate their relationship with Jesus. The church’s success stems from consistent, Godly leadership, quality programming targeting all ages, and dynamic and socially-relevant teaching. Their 2025 Vision Plan is aimed at their mission to infuse the racially and socioeconomically diverse communities of Redwood City and the Silicon Valley with the hope of Christ –home by home, person by person. Their commitment to this vision is best accomplished by embracing a multi-site strategy that brings the church to the people, extending God’s love and compassion to a hurting world, with strength that comes from unity within diversity.
The Primary Responsibilities of the Worship Pastor/Director are:
Model Servant Leadership
- Live a healthy, balanced lifestyle that honors God, family, and others
- Provide Spirit-led leadership to overall Worship Arts Ministry staff and volunteers, in alignment with larger church vision and values
- Commit to biblically engaging the spiritual needs within the cultural context and sociopolitical climate of the Redwood City community
- Demonstrate effective and timely communication
Worship Service Design and Implementation
- Create and facilitate musical and artistic environments that reflect the values and culture of PCC, while preserving creativity
- Collaborate with lead pastor and other team members on specific worship service architecture
- Exhibit vocal and instrumental expertise from the platform (modern pop sound), as well as a general understanding of audio and lighting tools and technology
- Function as primary worship leader for the 9:05 and 11:00 am gatherings
- Recruit, build, and maintain a thriving Worship Arts Team supporting a growing multi-campus strategy
- Shepherd the staff and volunteers within the Worship department at a sustainable pace that will sharpen skills within a grace-infused worship arts community
- Build a worship culture that is continually attracting new artists and developing existing talent, resulting in an ever-growing worship ministry