Vice President, Ministry Advancement/Houston
The vision of East-West Ministries International is to glorify God by multiplying followers of Jesus in the spiritually darkest areas of the world. In that light, its mission is to mobilize the Body of Christ to evangelize the lost and equip local believers to multiply disciples and healthy churches among unreached people groups and/or in restricted access communities. They accomplish this by focusing on church planting movement strategies led and implemented by indigenous partners.
East-West is a $19 million organization working in 54 countries, headquartered in Plano, TX. Its four-fold ministry is to:
- Mobilize the Body of Christ (Acts 1:8) by engaging partners to reach the world for Christ through long-term mission assignments, short-term mission trips and church partnerships. They currently have more than 200 missionaries working around the globe.
- Evangelize the lost (Matthew 28:19–20) by using a variety of avenues to share the good news of Jesus Christ, including short-term missions teams, trained national evangelists, national church outreach and mass evangelism projects. They have established a network of trained national leaders in every field of ministry to follow up with the seeds that have been scattered and with new believers.
- Equip local believers (II Timothy 2:2) since there are many areas of the world with people who desire to further the gospel and plant new churches who have never been provided with the right tools, training and resources.
- Multiply disciples and churches (Acts 16:5) by establishing churches with the purpose of engaging unreached people groups and areas with limited access to the gospel. Their ultimate purpose is to facilitate national-led church planting movements (CPM). Across the globe, they are equipping spiritually mature national leaders to adequately lead and multiply this type of Christ-centered church.
The Vice President, Ministry Advancement (“VPMA”) is responsible for establishing and managing a strategy to build a growing, sustainable base of donors in the Houston region, which will primarily be accomplished through managing a caseload of existing and new major donors. The VPMA will work collaboratively with the President, the VP of Development, and other senior leaders to develop and implement strategies for specific major donor relationships in the greater Houston area in order to achieve the mission and goals of East-West Ministries International. In this critical position, the VPMA’s effectiveness is measured by the completion of weekly donor engagement goals and the achievement of annual monetary gift goals. This will be accomplished by stewarding a portfolio of assigned relationships to cast vision, solicit funds and utilize other creative means to raise both awareness and funds for the ministry. The VPMA will utilize innovative and pioneering approaches to fundraising, based on sound, biblical fundraising principles and best practices that fit the culture and philosophy of East-West. This work will be done in collaboration with the Development Team to ensure consistent messaging to external partners in order to effectively represent the vision and mission of East-West Ministries.
Education and Experience
- Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates a healthy, growing spiritual life, including a servant attitude toward leadership responsibilities.
- BA degree or equivalent experience required, preferably within discipline.
- 5-10 years minimum experience working in a similar role, required.
- 5-10 years of ministry/nonprofit experience or similar field, required.
- Management experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Deep roots in the Houston area are strongly preferred.
- Flexibility, focus, and a strong work ethic are essential.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including proficiency in evaluating and prioritizing multiple tasks and issues.
- Ability to take initiative within scope of job duties.
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid organization, process and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to handle sensitive situations with confidentiality, poise, and tact.
- Ability to work well under pressure and against deadlines.
- Ability to respond diplomatically.
- Ability to think critically and resourcefully.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with people at all levels and from different backgrounds.
- Extensive nonprofit development experience strongly preferred.
- Major gift program experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in major gift solicitation with a history of acquiring significant gifts or similar experience.
- Familiarity with Affinaquest and/or Salesforce database is a plus.
- Prior missions experience is a plus.
To learn more about the work of East-West Ministries International, please visit www.eastwest.org.
To download the full Organization & Position Profile, click here.