Director of Education & Communications
The Joshua Fund
Founded by best-selling author Joel C. Rosenberg and his wife, Lynn, in 2006, The Joshua Fund (TJF) is a $7 million nonprofit organization dedicated to blessing Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, according to Genesis 12:1-3. Their unique “both/and” approach is focused on sharing God’s love with Jews, Arabs and Palestinians living in Israel, the West Bank and neighboring nations like Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq.
Building relationships, coming alongside of pastors and ministry leaders on the ground and working primarily through the local church, The Joshua Fund seeks to:
- Care for the Needy
- Equip and Encourage the Body of Believers
- Preach the Gospel
- Educate and Mobilize the Global Church to Learn, Pray, Give and Go.
In the words of the Founder, “The people of Israel matter because they matter to God. With Iran threatening to “wipe Israel off the map,” and the nations distancing themselves from her, you matter to Israel. It is vital for Christians to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and find practical ways to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus (Genesis 12:1-3).”
The next Director of Education and Communications for the Joshua Fund will have the rare opportunity to use cutting edge communication tools alongside a world-class communicator—Joel Rosenberg—from right where they live (no relocation required) to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Serve as senior advisor to The Joshua Fund’s (TJF) Executive Director, TJF Board and team on how to accomplish the educational goals in TJF’s Communications Policy.
- Strategize with staff and Founder on messaging, prayer requests, and ways to inform and educate the North American and global audience about God’s love and plan for Israel and her neighbors
- Train and lead the Education & Communications Department staff and manage workflow effectiveness.
- Develop events and content to educate Christians and donors in keeping with TJF’s Communications Policy.
- Explore new ways to engage current and new social networks to reach TJF’s followers, significantly grow the number of Facebook and Twitter followers of TJF’s message, and create shareable content
- Oversee development of TJF’s website, including relationships with TJF consultants
- Develop new videos, oversee production of TJF videos, and provide direction for still and video photographers as well as produce podcasts with Founder.
- Oversee writing, editing, design and distribution of TJF written reports.
- Oversee TJF publicity for Epicenter conferences and TJF “Prayer & Vision Trips” to Israel.
- Develop relationships with key Christian media to grow TJF media coverage, both online and offline.
To learn more about the work of The Joshua Fund, please visit their website at www.joshuafund.com.