Crossroads started as a dream in 1995. In their living room, founding pastor John Smith and wife Phyllis met with a core group of 20 to imagine a new kind of church for northern Colorado. The group agreed, “This church is not about us. It will be for people in our community who need a church home.” They wanted to create a worship experience and a church culture where every person would feel welcome, experience God’s grace and forgiveness, grow in their faith and enjoy using their gifts to serve others.
God has taken Crossroads on quite a journey since those early days. Throughout these 20 years, John Smith, the staff and faithful volunteer leaders have never lost sight of that original vision of being a transforming church where newcomers feel welcome, grow and serve.
Today over 3,000 people consider Crossroads their church home. The church has matured as a faith community to the point of offering excellent programs for children, students and those with special needs.
Crossroads is known for its thriving community of performing and creative artists who serve together—providing transformational moments every weekend and at special events. People of all ages come to Crossroads for the quality of music, engaging messages and culturally relevant technical and communication arts.
Crossroads is a staff-led church. The new teaching pastor will have a seat on the leadership team with other pastors and ministry directors and be a part of directional meetings and vision casting on a regular basis. In particular, Crossroads is looking for a dynamic teacher and leader who will attract and disciple young adult leaders.
Crossroads is located in the Tri-City Area (Loveland, Ft. Collins and Greeley) which has four seasons with moderate temperatures.
This Teaching Pastor position at Crossroads Church is a unique opportunity. The right person will be invited to join all that God has done and is currently doing.
- The teaching pastor at Crossroads Church will be a person of God who can masterfully communicate God’s message with the transforming power of Jesus Christ.
- From the pulpit, this person will teach the Bible with clarity, pastor the congregation with love and cast an inspiring vision for the future.
- The teaching pastor will be someone capable, and desirous, of succeeding founder and Senior Pastor, John Smith.
- He or she will work alongside the senior pastor in leadership and responsibility.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Teaching: Prepare and deliver excellent weekend messages in a variety of styles—thematic, exegetical and seasonal.
Series Planning: In concert with the senior pastor, develop the yearly sermon series plan and weekly message topics.
Leadership: Develop and oversee staff and lay leaders in select ministries of the church.
Primary Responsibilities: Specific Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have several years of demonstrated experience speaking to groups of 500 or more.
- He or she will be a gifted preacher, teaching culturally-relevant and biblically-sound messages with clear and compelling application.
- The person must be able to teach and connect in a diverse setting, with demonstrated ability to relate across generational, ethnic and socio-economic lines.
- The successful candidate must be one who has proven experience as an effective ministry leader, instilling vision and mobilizing leaders. He or she will have the ability to recruit, motivate and involve others in planning, decision-making and implementation.
- He or she should be a highly relational, genuine and collaborative leader working alongside the lay and staff leaders of the church.
- A master’s degree from an accredited seminary is strongly preferred; a willingness to be ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church is required.
- The successful candidate will have a teachable spirit, a servant’s heart and a passionate love for Christ’s church.
- Multi-site church ministry experience is a plus.