Student Ministries Director
Bel Air Church
Lights! Camera! Action. We love that Bel Air Church is in center of all things SoCal, yet has a familial atmosphere on Sunday mornings. The ideal fit for the Student Ministries Director role will be driven by relationships and innovation!
Since its founding in 1956, Bel Air Presbyterian Church has become one of the largest churches in Los Angeles. The church is on the “Educational Corridor” on Mulholland Drive, on a hill overlooking the San Fernando Valley. In October 1959, construction began on the historic Evans Chapel and Christian education building. Bel Air Presbyterian Church continued to meet in Evans Chapel until the church moved into its present 1600-seat Sanctuary in September, 1991.
In 2007, the church completed a $12 million campus expansion program, The Campaign for Bel Air: Phase I, which included the two story Education Building, Discipleship Center, and Administration Building, with staff offices featuring stunning views overlooking the San Fernando Valley. The campus also features Parable, a full-service coffee lab that is open to the community.
Drew Sams is the Senior Pastor at Bel Air Presbyterian Church. He is a native of LA, where he currently resides with his wife and son. Drew has been serving in various capacities while receiving his MDiv and DMin along the way. His desire is to equip people to encounter and echo Jesus everyday and everywhere.
The Church has a governing board of Elders.
The effective Director of Student Ministries will achieve the following goals during their first 24 months of work:
– Be a partner in ministry with the Bel Air Student Ministries staff
– Build strong relationships with the staff and community of BAC
– Create systems and processes that result in a leadership development pathway for Student Ministries staff, volunteers and students
– Be a visible, catalytic leader for the Student Ministry
– Develop and execute strategies to create a ministry that is both attractional and missional
– Partner with Bel Air Church’s Kids and College Ministries
– Likely hold a Bachelor’s degree
– Proven track record of working in a multi-staff setting Proven experience in creative thinking, problem solving and leadership will be beneficial
– Excel in recruiting and leading volunteer leaders
– They will communicate with precision
– They will strive for excellence in all things
– Show a spirit of flexibility
– Exude a strong relational personality that maturely motivates students
– A demonstrated high level of integrity
– A strong work ethic
– A team player and team builder
Reports to: Senior Director of Family Ministries