Calvary Church, located in Longmont, Colorado, was founded in 1955 and is associated with Conservative Baptist of America, Rocky Mountain District. Calvary represents a unique blend of people bridging many social and demographic lines. Each Sunday, over 800 (adults/children) gather for one of three services– two in English and one in Spanish.
Calvary has become well-known for its clear and consistent biblical teaching/preaching. Calvary’s worship style is diverse, and on any given Sunday, you can find the congregation employing a variety of different music styles (i.e. Bluegrass, bell choir, contemporary, hymns, choir, orchestra, organ).
While Calvary’s membership represents a broad range of ages, the majority of the congregation falls in the 40-70 age range. In recent years, Calvary has been more intentional in its focus on emerging generations. As a result, there has been an increase in the number of young families, and vibrant ministries are offered for children and youth.
The core of Calvary’s focus is to see “Broken people, being made new in Jesus, overflowing with gratitude, and poured out for others.”
Longmont was named one of the “Best Places to Live” in 2006 and 2008 by CNN/Money Magazine and 2014 by 24/7 Wall Street. At an elevation of 4,979 feet above sea level, it is conveniently located 37 miles from Denver, 16 miles from Boulder and 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park.
Forbes recently ranked Boulder County as one of the most highly educated counties in the Unites States, with a 94.1% high school graduate attainment, 57.5% college attainment, and 24.5% graduate level rate. With three major universities just a short drive away, Boulder has more used bookstores per capita than any other city in the entire country.
The Senior Pastor provides biblical leadership and pastoral oversight to the Ministry Guidance Team and the congregation of Calvary Church, enabling them to pursue the church vision statement.
The Senior Pastor shall be responsible directly to the Board of Deacons of Calvary Church. This position shall also serve as a member of the Trustee Committee of Calvary Church.
Position Titles Supervised:
The Senior Pastor shall supervise all members of the Ministry Guidance Team (i.e. church staff), and interns.
- Preaching and Teaching God’s Word- Including Sunday morning messages and the teaching of classes, flocks and small groups in a way that reflects faithfulness to the authority and inspiration of the Scriptures.
- Pastoral Care- Including counseling, visitation, and related expressions.
- Pastoral Duties- Including baptisms, communion, funerals, weddings and related activities.
- Staff Oversight- Providing mentoring and coaching to members of the Ministry Guidance Team.
- Vision Stewardship- Maintaining the vision for the participants in the ministry of Calvary Church as “broken people, being made new in Jesus, overflowing with gratitude, and poured out for others.”
- Equipping Leaders for Ministry- Assisting leaders in the identification and development of their spiritual gifts and the application of those gifts to ministry.
- Additional Responsibilities: Performing administrative and management duties as required.
- A credible profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of Calvary Church.
- Become a member of Calvary Church.
- A Masters of Divinity degree from an accredited evangelical seminary.
- At least 5 years of pastoral experience exhibiting a pastor’s heart and giftedness.
- A demonstrated lifestyle consistent with the Biblical qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1).
Evaluation and Compensation: Performance of the Senior Pastor shall be evaluated on at least an annual basis by the Board of Deacons and the Trustee Committee.
Status: Full-time, Exempt.