|Ger and Lizzie Jones, who felt called by God to plant a church in Los Angeles, launched Vintage four and a half years ago. Their passion is to see a thriving community, committed to the gospel of the kingdom and the fullness of the ministry of the Spirit, making passionate disciples of Christ and reaching out to see lives transformed and Los Angeles renewed in Christ. Vintage, closely linked with Holy Trinity Brompton, England (HTB), has seen significant growth since its launch, with over 700 people coming to worship over four services across two locations.
Los Angeles is a hugely exciting and important city in which to live. It’s the second largest city in the United States, is multi- cultural, multi-faceted, a sprawling metropolis of nearly 13 million people, filled with many different faiths and nationalities.
It is the media and entertainment capital of the world, making it a formative influence on global culture and society. It boasts a can-do, open and creative approach to life. It’s also a beautiful and temperate place to live (70 and sunny most days)!
Vintage Church is in an exciting season, and we firmly believe the best is yet to come. We are looking for an experienced children and family ministries director that can help lead our Vintage family into the next step of our journey. What we have seen so far is incredibly exciting: lives transformed, a growing church community committed to ‘Word and Spirit’, people healed and communities being renewed. We are looking for men and women called to help lead our church into the fullness of what God is calling us to do.
|FOR US, CHURCH IS OUR FAMILY.
MOST PEOPLE IN THIS CITY CAN EXPERIENCE LONELINESS AND FIND THEMSELVES A LONG WAY FROM THEIR HOME. DIVERSE, FUN, ENGAGED AND CARING COMMUNITY WE, THEREFORE, LEAN IN TO BE A COMMUNITY THAT IS GROWING TOGETHER, LAUGHING A LOT TOGETHER, LEARNING FROM EACH OTHER AND ON MISSION TOGETHER IN THE CITY.What we love to do:WORSHIP
Worship plays a central role in the life of Vintage, and we are led by our Worship Pastor, Brenton Brown, who seeks to develop and lead our worship teams and raise up new ‘Word and Spirit’ worship leaders.PRAYER
We are dependent upon God for everything, and therefore prioritize prayer, our All Church Prayer Meetings and our Encounter Nights where we set aside an evening for extended worship, prayer ministry and spiritual gifts.
We run Alpha three times a year, and coordinate our life together around it. We have been called to reach the lost, and we know of no better tool to keep our church outward looking and engaged in love and compassion for our friends and neighbors who don’t know Christ.
Smaller Groups of people in the Vintage community regularly meet throughout Los Angeles to build lasting friendships and grow spiritually. Our Groups vary in activity, ranging from Bible study to prayer and worship, from social justice involvement to social activities.
We love to bring Christ’s love and mercy to our city and the world through acts of mercy, justice, and social transformation. Each year we partner with and support local organizations to help meet some of the greatest needs of Los Angeles. Internationally, we take yearly mission trips to Mexico and Haiti and support global missionaries in Thailand and Vietnam.
CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
Children are a priority in our church. They are not the church of tomorrow but the church of today! We therefore ensure that our children’s ministry reflects our ‘Word and Spirit’ DNA, and is a vibrant and safe place for our children to know and experience Christ.
We run regular Marriage and Parenting Courses (also from HTB) that are extremely well attended by people both in and outside the church.
We have a dedicated Pastoral Care team that offers one-on-one care and counseling and where appropriate, refers people to expert caregivers that operate beyond our walls. We also have a thriving Prayer Ministry Team that regularly prays for people in services at Vintage.
We are in the early stages of developing the Vintage School of Ministry in conjunction with St. Paul’s Theological Center (Holy Trinity Brompton’s theological training center). This will enable us to train our own pastors, church planters and worship leaders, and also equip our congregation to be anointed and mature marketplace ministers.
Every year we go away on a church family retreat where we are renewed and refreshed in God. We encourage the whole church to come, and have had significant times where we focus on God, his presence amongst us and growing in what his will is for us as a community. We love to bring in friends of Vintage to speak and minister to us, such as Mike Pilavachi and Pete Greig.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced children’s/family ministries director who is passionate about making Jesus known to kids of all ages and equipping parents to develop a biblical worldview and an understanding and love for Christ in their children.
He or she must have strong leadership skills, be able to teach and inspire kids and families, discern God’s vision with us and manage, develop and lead core children and student ministries. We seek someone with energy, who with humility and dependence on the Holy Spirit, is able to inspire through teaching, training, equipping and leading by example.
WE ARE SEEKING A SERVANT LEADER WHO:
– Is passionate for Jesus and his church
– Has a heart for kids and families, is emotionally intelligent, personable and full of fun, and is committed to igniting a passion in our kids for Christ
– Is dependent on prayer and sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s leading
– Is passionate about equipping God’s people
– Is able to lead, motivate, develop, encourage and empower key kids and student ministry leaders and volunteers
– Walks closely with God, models authentic bible-based Christian living, and hungers for more of His Spirit
– Can create and implement kids programming and policies and procedures that ensure a safe and resourceful environment for kids and families
– Represents and embodies the core theological values of Vintage, including Gospel-centered, ‘Word and Spirit’, and missional
– Designing and implementing a comprehensive children’s ministry strategy and plan
– Leading and overseeing strategy and staff for student ministries
– Recruiting, training, leading and equipping children and student ministries leaders and volunteers
– Ensuring curriculum and resources are faithful to the Vintage doctrine, vision and mission
– Working closely with other staff on assimilating new parents
– Maintaining regular communication with parents about children’s ministry and providing them ample resources to help them in their kids’ spiritual growth
OUR CURRENT PRIORITIES
– To solidify our community after four years of rapid growth through building a solid infrastructure and foundation in all ministries and preparing them for the next season.
– To grow our social transformation mission across the city and continue to emphasize Alpha as the core focus of our evangelism.
– To bring our community into a rich experience of and conviction in our core values of ‘Word and Spirit communities on mission’.
– To care for and grow communities across the city that can ultimately become local Vintage communities as part of our desire for “one church, many communities”.
– To develop and grow a discipleship and pastoral training center in connection with St Mellitus and St Paul’s Theological Center in the UK, so that we can provide theological and spiritual formation for those in the marketplace and provide our own ordination track for future pastors.