Calvary Baptist Church
Calvary is a church with a rich heritage and a bright future! Located in the deep south city of Columbus, GA, at the front door of Fort Benning, one of the largest Army bases in the world, the Calvary team is taking ground with the Gospel and striving to be a bridge to, and builder of, the diversity that will represent the Kingdom of heaven.
Pastor Jeff Struecker is a former decorated Army Ranger and he is passionately building a team and a vision for ministry that will impact not only Columbus for Christ but also the greater Chattahoochee Valley! The Executive Pastor will be a critical piece in the furtherance of this heartbeat and will join a church poised to write a new chapter of their story.
Calvary Baptist Church is a church with a long-established history and footprint in the city of Columbus. Sitting on a beautiful 63-acre property, their campus is home to not only Calvary Baptist Church itself but also a school, an independent living home, an assisted living home, a memory care facility and a counseling center. Columbus, GA, is the second-largest city in the state and is home to a variety of schools and businesses, as well as the longest urban white-water rafting course in the world!
Calvary Baptist Church values diversity across race, age, gender, and giftedness. Calvary is taking the Gospel to their city that has historically been entrenched in many of the struggles faced in the deep south, combined with the opportunities and needs provided by the presence of some 120,000 men and women of the Armed Forces, as well as their dependents, who are stationed at Fort Benning.
The Executive Pastor position gives executive level leadership to Calvary Baptist Church. This pastor implements the vision of the church, executes philosophy and helps protect the culture of the church.
The Executive Pastor will oversee the following ministries:
- Leadership of staff operations
- Counsels as necessary
- Execution of the day-to-day operations of the church (Budget, numbers, etc)
- Sunday/Wednesday service support – supervise
- Special Events and Fellowships – plan and execute
- Shared with Lead Pastor – Leader development
The Executive Pastor will have the following responsibilities:
- Staff operations, staff training and staff meetings
- Supervise Sunday/ Wednesday Set Up
- Supervise Men’s ministry, women’s ministry
- Synchronize Membership & Baptisms systems
- Plan, coordinate and execute special events
- Oversee Policy Management
- Oversee church budget
- Oversee Pastoral Care
- Synchronize local mission efforts in the church (do they fit the philosophy and strategy?)
- First step in addressing people or systems problems
- Shared with Lead Pastor – (evaluates effectiveness, protects culture, hiring pastoral staff)
- Other tasks as assigned
The right Executive Pastor will fit the following cultural profile:
- Passionate about diversity
- Teachable: able to receive constructive feedback
- Insightful: quick to cut to the heart of a problem