Unlimited Grace Media
The message of Unlimited Grace Media is simply this…
The power of grace transforms everything.
From beginning to end, the Bible explains the unfolding message of grace that culminates in Jesus Christ. Unlimited Grace Media will tell this message from every passage of Scripture.
Why? Because the joy of the Lord is our strength. This joy is ours, as we realize that Christ’s grace not only provides for our entry into a relationship with Him, but also provides the power to walk with Him every day. By grace, God rescues us from sin … and by this same grace He empowers our ongoing transformation into His Son’s likeness. A deep understanding of Christ’s eternal and everyday grace makes us increasingly love Him, increasingly thankful to Him, and increasingly loyal to Him. Love for Jesus – above all other loves – compels us to live for Him and to reach out to a sinful world in His name. That’s why proclaiming the unlimited power of His grace is our message and our purpose.
Dr. Bryan Chapell is highly regarded in the evangelical community as a preacher, teacher and author. In fact, he has very recently been named by Newsmax as one of the Top 100 Christian Leaders in America and by Preaching Magazine in 2015 as one of the 30 people most influencing preachers in the last 30 years. He is the visionary and driving force behind the founding of Unlimited Grace Media. His unique giftedness and calling to proclaim the message of grace will serve as the foundation of its mission and its content. His message is winsome, effective, bold, and courageous, and stands firmly on the key foundations of the Gospel.
Those involved in founding Unlimited Grace Media (UGM) envision a comprehensive and scalable strategy – including radio, the Internet, print media, teaching resources and, possibly one day, television – to reach all generations and peoples through a variety of media technologies. Deployment will occur through successive but overlapping stages, with each new stage building on the previous. The scope will migrate from preparatory work – somewhat local in nature – to efforts that are increasingly outward–focused, eventually having a national and international impact. The church has already invested more than half a million dollars in audio and video recording and editing equipment that will not only be used for the church’s purposes, but will also serve, initially at least, the needs of UGM. The ministry will also be housed at the church’s facilities during its startup phase.
One of UGM’s key partners – even in its pre-launch phase – is Salem Media Group, the largest commercial radio broadcasting company in the United States, who provides programming targeted at audiences interested in Christian and conservative opinion radio content. They own or operate nearly 100 radio stations with a primary focus on the top 25 markets in America.
Opportunity & Challenge
This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a powerful new global ministry organization. Unlimited Grace Media has the full support of an excellent church that has demonstrated a strong commitment to media for decades (Grace Presbyterian), a highly respected and gifted visionary and speaker (Dr. Bryan Chapell), and a strong initial financial base, having already raised $1.3 million pre-launch with another significant fundraising event this fall designed to raise an additional $1.3 million in seed money over the next four years. The initial budget that has been put together calls for $7.2 million over five years. The ministry also has the commitment of the largest Christian radio broadcasting entity in the United States in Salem Media Group. The first Executive Director will have the opportunity to set the DNA, hire staff, shape the production and marketing of the initial radio show, form partnerships, and create the culture of an organization that will, by God’s grace, impact the world.
But a startup ministry is not without its challenges: sustained funding, building an audience, developing websites, training materials, and other resources, carving out a “space” in a very crowded ministry world. This will take someone with tremendous gifts in strategic planning and execution, real-world experience (especially in radio and production, initially) and a significant network. There is work to be done at both 30,000 feet and on the ground. An ongoing relationship locally with Grace Presbyterian will be essential for success, but so will the ability to reach into the developing world and build great tools for pastoral training and resourcing. The initial hires need to be right…AND they must be able to grow with the organization as it grows.
Words that describe the ideal person include: leader, strategic planner, administratively strong, driver, builder, high–energy, upbeat, positive and outcome–driven. He/she must have a business development mindset as well as understand and exemplify the mission and have a real sense of zeal for the message of grace. And, although it’s likely that the next (or subsequent) hire will be an experienced development professional, the Executive Director must still oversee and lead this important area and serve as a “closer,” along with Dr. Chapell. The hope is to have the ministry be self-sustaining in 3–5 years.
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors, with a dotted line to Dr. Bryan Chapell
Description: A team leader and developer with a broad network and deep background in radio production and marketing who possesses the ability to (1) develop and implement effective strategic plans, (2) set up efficient systems, (3) understand the marketing and fundraising process for a media company, and (4) put an effective long-term team and organization in place.
Direct Reports: Development/Fundraising, Production, IT/Web Development, Finance/ Accounting (Note: All positions to be hired)
- Manage and maintain strong working relationship with key personnel.
- Staff and lead the team to achieve ministry growth in line with the organization’s vision and goals.
- Design annual budget for board approval. Control expenditures and oversee fundraising and sales initiatives to meet budget guidelines.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of marketing and fundraising plans.
- Develop and maintain key affiliate relationships and partnership.
- Oversee the development and growth of distribution of the show both via Christian radio and digital opportunities.
- Manage the acquisition and assessment of market data relevant to the success of Christian radio investment.
- Work with Executive Producer and Producer of the show to create content package that ensures the success of Christian Radio Initiative.
- Provide timely feedback to team and to board members.
- Adhere to Grace Presbyterian Church Statement of Faith and Values and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- A strong sense of God’s hand guiding their home, work and ministry.
- A passion for the message of God’s grace.
- A bright, proven, highly experienced and seasoned leader and manager.
- A self-managed, self-motivated, results-oriented person who makes things happen, anticipates well, sees the big picture, and get things done.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- The heart to facilitate an environment of trust, love and unity in God’s service.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree. Masters degree, preferred.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in radio programming, management, development, marketing or related fields.
- Trained in developing and managing people and teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational and systems skills.
- Wisdom and discernment
- Good with boundaries and healthy relationships
- Team player and team builder
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of humor
- Salary: Competitive. Total compensation negotiable based on experience and skillset.
- Benefits: Typical health and retirement benefits. TBD.
- Vacation: 4 weeks.
- Relocation: Yes.
To download the full Organization & Opportunity Profile, click here.