Director of First Contact
Newhope Church is a next level, a multi-site church in the Carolinas that is leading the way as they Reach, Teach, and Release! Newhope values innovation and diversity and has a unique voice in the topic of racial unity in the Church. There is a supportive and engaged central team that is committed to resourcing the campus ministries and empowering them to do the front-line ministry of Newhope. The mission is clear and the vision is focused!
Newhope is a welcoming and high energy multi-site church with a great story and future, based in Durham, NC. You get the overwhelming sense that this is a community of real people who love each other and their church. Newhope has the vision to REACH people with the love and grace of God in Jesus Christ, TEACH believers the Word of God and how to become Self Feeders and Kingdom Builders, and RELEASE servants and Local Churches in Faithful Ministry.
At Newhope, there is an obvious desire to settle for nothing less than authentic, theologically sound and Christ-honoring teaching and worship while making a missional impact on the community and the world. Creativity and innovation are abundant in this culture of ‘out of the box’ thinking. Not only are they a team of qualified staff, but they’re also loved, challenged, and shepherded by gifted and invested leaders, Dr. Benji and Amy Lynn Kelley. At Newhope, excitement and professionalism are reflected in a healthy multi-generational community. Current average weekly attendance is 4,500 on eight campuses and with more campuses launching in the near future.
Are you a connector, passionate about creating impactful opportunities for newcomers and guests to know they are loved and welcomed in the local church? In your view, do first impressions have a high value when creating a culture of hospitality? Do you have a gift to build relationships and leaders? Do you thrive in fast-paced, high-intensity environments, but have the ability to “slow things down” so people experience authentic human interaction? If so, then this opportunity as Director of First Contact at Newhope Church might be the spot for you!
- Wake up every day thinking about how Newhope can be great at hospitality.
- Oversee the First Contact ministry for all of the campuses of Newhope Church.
- Manage resources, training events, and ensure excellence in the finer details of the weekend experience – mints, tablecloths, and coffee.
- Identify, recruit, train, develop, and place volunteer leaders as greeters and ushers for the Durham campus and in partnership with the other campus staff.
- Collaborate with a team and grow through experiences and open rapport with staff and key campus leaders.
- Provide coaching, development and project management around the growth of the first contact ministry.