PULSE is a prayer and evangelism movement on mission to empower the Church and awaken culture to the reality of Jesus. They believe that this generation needs Jesus and that we, as believers, cannot afford to be silent. Based in Minneapolis and led by the dynamic speaker, Nick Hall, PULSE uses an integrated approach to drive their evangelism process, with PRAYER, TRAINING and EVENTS serving as the pillars of that approach.
Over their 12+ year history, PULSE has impacted more than 4 million people at live events. PULSE was born on a college campus, and both campus and citywide events remain a priority today. Their events have been held across the country and around the world. PULSE just held a major evangelistic event at the Twin Cities’ U.S. Bank Stadium (site of the 2018 Super Bowl) that drew in 45,000 and saw more than 8,000 respond to the Gospel. Next up is an event designed to equip and inspire a generation of Jesus followers at Texas Motor Speedway (home of NASCAR and IndyCar races) in October. Nick Hall and other PULSE speakers are featured on major Christian tours and festivals – both in the USA and abroad – and PULSE also organizes a multi-city Christmas tour each year (www.thereasonchristmas.com) that enables college students to invite their families to hear the Gospel message. Last year’s tour featured Jeremy Camp, Micah Tyler, Jack Cassidy and Dave Lubben.
To pull all of this off, PARTNERSHIPS are absolutely essential, and over the years, PULSE has been blessed to partner with a wide range of organizations, speakers and artists, including the Luis Palau Association, World Vision, Cru, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Michael W. Smith, Hillsong United, Jeremy Camp and Matthew West, among many others.
PULSE is led by a Board of Directors and by founder Nick Hall, president Justin Tennison and executive vice president Chris McFarland, who make up the Executive Team. There are currently 27 full-time and three part-time staff, and the organization’s budget for FY18 is just over $9 million. The work environment is casual, fast-paced and interactive with a young team mostly in their 20s and 30s.
The Creative Director oversees the creative direction for the organization as whole, providing strategic vision and leadership for the Program Team and Communications Team and overseeing the day-to-day activities of marketing, communications, advertising, media and the event experience. The CD helps provide high–level creative guidance for the ministry as well as the strategies and execution for growth and expansion.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in some combination of marketing, advertising, branding, graphic design, communications and creative direction.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to excel at details, multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent people management and team coaching skills.
- Able to navigate all aspects of event production, message development, design, social media, advertising and marketing.
- Self-motivated, a professional demeanor, adaptable to change, and a “whatever-it-takes” attitude.
- A follower of Jesus, in agreement with the PULSE Statement of Faith, mission and values.
- Serve on the Leadership Team.
- Lead by example and participate in all matters brought to the Leadership Team.
- Be a model of Christian integrity, diligence in work and persistence in pursuing and exceeding objectives.
- Develop strong relationships and work in cooperation with other PULSE team members.
- Professional demeanor and approach and behavior consistent with the standards contained in PULSE manuals (i.e. Employee Manual, Financial Management Policy, etc.).
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $75–90,000, depending on experience.
- Benefits: Medical, Life Insurance ($25,000) and 403(b) match (50% up to 6%). Can also opt-in to Dental, LTD and additional Life Insurance.
- Vacation: Ten (10) days, negotiable.
- Relocation: Yes (amount negotiable, based on location and circumstances).
To download the full Organization & Position Profile (highly recommended), click here.