Chief Executive Officer
Allentown Rescue Mission
Chief Executive Officer, Allentown Rescue Mission
Click here to download full Job & Organization Profile
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Allentown Rescue Mission is seeking a Chief Executive Officer who is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the organization by working with the board of directors and the management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. The Mission provides rescue, rehabilitation and restoration for homeless men in crisis through Christ-centered programs based on accountability and compassion.
The Chief Executive Officer possesses sufficient operational leadership and stewardship skills to qualify him to independently direct operations and manage four Directors across four different functional areas with minimal guidance from the board.
During the transition period, and in current operations, the board is engaged in significant day-to-day operational decisions and guidance. It is their desire going forward that the CEO will possess the skills necessary to operate with minimal day-to-day guidance and to demonstrate these skills as they become acclimated in the position.
Stewardship skills include the ability to identify programmatic, financial and Key Performance Indicators in order to measure the Mission’s effectiveness and success, ensuring timely and successful execution by staff and volunteers, and utilizing this information to direct the operations and programs of the Mission and making adjustments and changes as necessary.
This position directly oversees the Program Director, Director of Development, Director of Administration, Controller, Clean Team Manager, Food Service Supervisor and Facilities Coordinator.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization, with the board and with the community as an effective developer of solutions to ministry and business challenges.
- Provide vision, leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the Mission are consistently and effectively put into practice.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable and Christ-centered environment within the Mission.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective strategies and processes, including the growth of both the reach and the financial foundation of the Mission.
- Drive the organization to achieve its ministry and business goals and objectives.
- Lead and collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for both ministry objectives and the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to fulfill the mission, objectives and goals of the organization.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team, providing mentoring and oversight and constructive evaluation. Attract, recruit, retain and develop required members of the leadership team not currently in place.
- Represent the organization with the local church, the public at large, businesses, community leaders and other non-profit organizations. Serve as the public face and voice of the Mission.
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Financial Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration Skills
- Salary: Approximately $85,000 annually, negotiable based on experience and education.
- Benefits: Medical, dental and vision (family), 401(k) Plan (with up to 3% match and 6% company contribution at year-end).
- Vacation: Negotiable, depending on experience (will recognize overall years of experience).
- Relocation: Negotiable.