Grace Community Church
Grace Community Church of Orange County, New York is a unique, amazing place. Each Sunday nearly 3,000 people attend this non-denominational multi-site church. It is only 60 miles northwest of one of the largest cities in the U.S. yet reachable by a two-lane rural highway. Senior Pastor Jarrod Jones says, “We want people leaving here not thinking ‘what a great church,’ but ‘what a great God and Savior.’” Even so, Grace is the type of place that makes it difficult to not think “what a great church.” All 4 of Grace Communities Campuses are healthy and thriving. The new Campus Pastor in Middletown has the opportunity to join the future of this amazing movement.
Grace Community Church has 4 (soon to be 5) locations spread across Orange County, NY, part of the scenic Hudson River Valley, amidst approximately 375,000 people. Despite its rural roots, Orange County has been among the fastest growing areas within the New York City Metropolitan Area. This area is most identified as the home of West Point, and Grace Community Church has a thriving ministry to the West Point Cadets by providing transportation to and from Saturday evening service and dinner after church.
Grace Community Church’s mission is reaching Orange County and beyond for Christ and making fully devoted followers of Jesus. A portion of their vision statement is as follows: “We envision Revival, where Jesus Christ is adored, the Spirit of God frees, lost from God are found, faith and repentance flow, praise and prayer erupt, lives and communities are transformed, love and joy fills hearts, freedom overwhelms, believers are empowered, barriers are broken down, the hungry are fed, needs are met, marriages are restored, families are reunited, sick minds and bodies are healed, and prodigals come home!”
The Middletown Campus Pastor serves under the authority of the Senior & Executive Pastors, and is the lead site pastor over the Middletown Campus; providing leadership, ministry, oversight, and accountability for the campus’s facilities, community, staff and volunteers.
The primary responsibilities of the Campus Pastor are as follows:
- Seek innovative and culturally appropriate methods and ideas to propel the Grace vision at the Middletown campus, as well as to grow the campus congregation both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Ensure the excellence of every facet involved with the “weekend worship experience” at the Grace Community Church, Middletown campus.
- Serve as the primary “face” of the campus, with regular public hosting, speaking, teaching, writing and/or preaching.
- Lead, pastor, and develop the campus staff, including administrative, adult ministry, youth ministry, children’s ministry, and worship staff.
- Lead the way in facilitating spiritual care, counseling, life events and discipleship of campus congregants.
- Lead the way in the “equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry.”
- Ensure excellence of campus facilities and grounds at all times.
- Manage the campus budget and employees with care, deliberation and sound stewardship.