Shadow Mountain Community Church
|Church Description *|
|Shadow Mountain has a rich history of worship excellence in a variety of cultural expressions. Over 10,000 people come to worship together every weekend on 4 (soon to be 5) campuses at Shadow Mountain. The Saturday night service features a band and vocal team. Sunday morning features a choir and orchestra with both Saturday and Sunday having frequent guests. In other venues, worship experiences for children and students take place, as well as Hispanic worship and occasional special events.
Shadow Mountain is multi-cultural, multi-generational and a multi-ethnic church. Shadow Mountain is not a “simple-church” model and has a variety of activities for families and all ages to enjoy. The weekly worship service is used for Turning Point, which is syndicated across the globe through web, radio and television.
Shadow Mountain is located in the City of El Cajon, in the southeastern portion of San Diego County. Needless to say, it is a beautiful place to live, with mountains and beach access all within a short drive. There are also campuses located Encinitas, Alpine, Downtown San Diego and soon a new campus will be launched in Chula Vista where this Campus Pastor will serve and lead.
|Position Description *|
|The Campus Pastor has the responsibility and commitment to serve the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective ministry in support of the vision of a large multi-site church. The Campus Pastor will work under the direct supervision of the Pastor of Campus Development. This person will also work in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders in fulfilling the church’s mission and vision and values. The Campus Pastor will also oversee ministries of outreach and discipleship for services held at the campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Execute the vision of SMCC and its leadership in a contextually effective manner.
2. Provide leadership for the campus and all services.
3. Provide the primary leadership for the Campus and Staff.
4. Align the Campus church, staff and volunteers behind the vision and ethos of the main campus.
5. Lead weekly staff meetings and weekend experiences at the Campus.
6. Champion outreach and groups as a consistent value.
7. Develop and execute a plan for annual staff goal setting, development and coaching. (Lead your leaders).
8. Develop, train, and release teams of volunteers into ministry.