Associate Minister of Education
First Baptist Dallas
First Baptist Dallas is a church with a vision. They know who they are, they know what makes their heart beat, they know who God has called them to be. Placed on an oasis of truth in the heart of downtown Dallas, First Dallas is manned by a team of talented people who depend on one another each and every day. This is a church with a unique calling and each and every man & woman on their team is all-in for seeing the United States and the world influenced for Christ. The right next-level leader is going to have the time of his life in ministry First Baptist Dallas.
The cornerstone of First Baptist Dallas was laid in 1890 by a small group of believers determined to begin a Baptist church in downtown Dallas. Under the leadership of legendary pastors and teachers like George W. Truett and W. A. Criswell, First Baptist Dallas became an anchor in the Christian community, a church known for a firm foundation, built on the Bible.
The Vision of First Baptist Dallas is to “transform our world with God’s Word . . . one life at a time.” As a beacon of hope for Dallas and the world, First Baptist Dallas is in the heart of downtown Dallas. With now over 12,000 members FBD influence and reach grows every day. The church, considered influential among evangelical Christians in the United States, also owns and operates a school, a radio station, and supports Dallas Life, a mission for the homeless on the southern edge of Downtown Dallas. Senior Pastor, Robert Jeffress, recently led the congregation in a $135 million campaign to re-create its downtown campus. The project is the largest in modern church history. and serves as a “spiritual oasis” covering six blocks of downtown Dallas.
The Associate Minister of Education will provide oversight to teams, curriculum, event, environments, and participants relevant to Life Stage ministries impacting adults ages 40-65.
Associate Minister of Education responsibilities:
- Recruit and train leaders, start new classes, plan special outreach events related to Sunday School
- Continually develop discipleship ministries and opportunities
- Make a minimum of 60 outreach and evangelistic contacts each week
- Plan social events for his age range (Christmas, Valentines etc.)
- Plan training events for his age range (marriage conference etc.)
- Develop companion ministries such as Care Groups, Supper Clubs, High Attendance events, etc.
The Associate Minister of Education must have the following attributes:
- Excellent communicator
- Highly social and outgoing
- High degree of urgency
- Proven ability to build healthy systems and processes to support ministry
- Proven understanding and ability in large-scale disciple-making, most likely a Sunday School format
- High degree of ethics and integrity; life displays Christian and Biblical principles
- A mature, articulate person who naturally relates to 40 to 65-year-olds
- A relational influencer
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university required (Master’s degree from an accredited seminary preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of Sunday School Ministry
- Minimum of ten years experience in a pastoral/ministry leadership role(s)